- Introduction to basic issues in typography and typography design by investigating the relationships between letters, words, text, and placement in two-dimensional space. Typographic classification, contrast, and hierarchy are discussed. The combining of typography and image is explored in practical projects.
- To investigate the design process through typographically-focused projects.
- To develop strategies to applied typographic problems.
- To learn about the interrelationships between letterform and typography.
- To examine and analyze historical examples and contemporary applications.